Labels

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Dearest Jeff. Don't look back.

Wishing you all the joys of the Season and every happiness throughout the coming year"

Hi, your mate Jeff here.

This is just a quick email, rather than bothering you = with a call. I trust you are well ?
I wanted to see if you've been injured lately at home = or work ?

If so then parliament is willing to compensate you.

It's shocking that 7 out of 10 people in the UK who we= re injured don't bother claiming the compensation they are legally entitled= to.

Don't become one of them! It takes only 30 seconds to = get the amount of money your entitled to.

Get your quid today.

Click here now to see how much you will receive.
Cheers, 
Jeff

------------------------------------------------

Dear Jeff,

I thank you for your email and your concern. At first I thought this was just another spam email, until I read between the lines. 

Although I have indeed recently injured myself at home - by way of a disastrous cheese-grating incident - the injury has now healed. Sadly, I don't even have a scar. Back to that day - the cheese was more rubbery than anticipated, and the force I put behind it during the grating was, in hindsight, disproportionate. I can liken it only to trying to put on a condom using a mallet. Have you ever tried this, Jeff? I haven't the parts to indulge in such an activity myself. Your feedback would be appreciated. 

Anyway, back to the issue in hand. I suspect you are soon to fall in love with me. I'm not sure I can cope with this. I adore you as a dear, dear friend, but I cannot afford myself the luxury of falling for ANOTHER accident claim technician. Do you wear a uniform? 

The last accident claim technician left me, quite cruelly and literally, in the gutter following another 'fall'. I appreciate that he was becoming a little frustrated with the numerous 'accidents' I was having in and around the home, and his argument that most of them were, in fact, my fault, was harsh but sadly fair. I would hate for us to part in the same way, Jeff. 

It is with great reluctance that I turn down your proposal and decline your quid. Keep it, Jeff. Don't look back. 

Best wishes, my love. 
 

2 comments:

  1. *Phone rings earlier today* Me "Hello.....hello...HELLO?" Indian call centre "Hello, Mrs Jackson? "MISS Jackson" "Miss....? I'm calling from World Wide Web to tell you that your PC has been informing us that it has a virus, which might affect it..." " Really? My PC has acquired the means of communication so great that it can tell you it's poorly?" ".....Silence....ummmm your PC has a virus which may corrupt your system." "Oh....I haven't used my PC for over 6 months...." "Dial tone...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Phone rings earlier today* Me "Hello.....hello...HELLO?" Indian call centre "Hello, Mrs Jackson? "MISS Jackson" "Miss....? I'm calling from World Wide Web to tell you that your PC has been informing us that it has a virus, which might affect it..." " Really? My PC has acquired the means of communication so great that it can tell you it's poorly?" ".....Silence....ummmm your PC has a virus which may corrupt your system." "Oh....I haven't used my PC for over 6 months...." "Dial tone...."

    ReplyDelete